Pages

.

White Chicken Enchiladas

These enchiladas are all over Pinterest.  

At this point it's hard to tell who actually "made them first!"

white chicken enchiladas

I made them for the first time about a month ago, to "try them out" on my family before I made them for the luncheon with my friends.

My family LOVED them.

I did make a couple of changes to the recipe I found, but when don't I?


Here's what you do:


White Chicken Enchiladas
recipe adapted from Joyful Momma's Kitchen

8 burrito sized flour tortillas
2 cups shredded cooked chicken
2 cups chicken broth
3 T. butter
3 T flour
1 - 4oz can diced green chilies
8 ounces of sour cream
8 oz pkg Monterrey Jack cheese shredded
1 - 4oz can sliced black olives, drained


Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Evenly divide chicken and half of cheese to fill tortillas.  Roll enchilada style, place in prepared pan.

In a small saucepan melt butter, add flour to make a rue.
Add chicken stock and whisk until combined.  Cook until thick and bubbly.
Add green chilies and sour cream, remove from heat.

Pour over enchiladas.  Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Uncover add remaining cheese and bake another 8-10 minutes until cheese is melted.

Top with olives, and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment