Pages

.

Kluang Rail Coffee, Johor

Old Coffee Pots

This was my first time at the original Kluang Rail Coffee; after hearing so much and reading so many blog posts on it, my expectations were set pretty high. I ordered Kluang Rail Coffee's famous coffee, soft boiled eggs and roti keping (kaya and butter toast).


Kluang Rail's kopi C kosong and roti keping today were good but with nothing to set it apart from other coffee shops.


Kluang Rail's soft boiled eggs today were good too but about the same as those at most coffee shops.

Would I then, come back again to the old Kluang Rail Coffee? Strangely, even though Kluang Rail serves average coffee and food, I am sure that I will come back again.

I simply love this place.


Maybe it is its rustic, nostalgic ambiance. I like that quaint KLUANG RailCoffee signage.


Kluang Rail's unique wire cage enclosure, instead of walls, is also rather charming. It makes the place very cosy, breezy and airy. It is a nice comfortable place to chat while watching the train, the world go by with the corner of our eyes.


There is something about the spirit of the place.



The aroma of freshly brewed coffee and tea.


Maybe its plain people watching - look whose here, whose coming and whose going. Maybe this place calms people down, slows the heart rate, lowers our blood pressure. Or is it the colour scheme? Or is it about our identity? That it is one of those very few things from our growing up years that has remained pretty much the same and so we treasure it? Or are we afraid that this too will disappear, like so many precious links with our past. If you think of other possibilities, please share with me a comment. I would appreciate it very much

The business hours


Restaurant name: KLUANG RailCoffee
Address: Jalan Station, Kampung Masjid Lama, Kluang, Johor
GPS: 2.033543,103.317584
Halal

Date visited: 15 Feb 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment