Pages

.

Dude, Where's My Car?

I've been a bit scatterbrained lately.  I need warmth and vitamin D to perform at optimal levels.

Yesterday, on my way to work, I stopped at a Sunoco to grab a Red Bull.  These little guys keep the mind sharp when seven tables all need soups, salads or Cosmopolitans.

I parked Hubby's compact commuter car right up front, grabbed $5 from my red purse, and locked the car.  I left my purse in the front passenger seat.  I knew I would only be ninety seconds, maybe less.

I moved swiftly, in my mommy daze, and grabbed my Red Bull.  I hurried out to to the parking lot, unlocked the car and got in.  I turned to put down the Red Bull, and noticed my purse was gone.

My heart jumped.  Oh my gosh, my purse was stolen! 

I looked around to see if it was on the floor.  Maybe it fell.  There was nothing. 

Frazzled and confused I sat there, looking around me.  This car is really clean.  Where is my purse?  

What's my name again?

And then it hit me, like a ton of bricks.

It wasn't my car.

It was a brown SUV, and I was sitting in the driver's seat ready to drive it to work.  I tried to look inconspicuous as I opened the door and hopped in my tiny Honda two spaces down.

I think only one concerned citizen witnessed my idiocy.  Thank heavens.

Have a fab Wednesday.  I'm glad Tuesday is behind me.

No comments:

Post a Comment