Pages

.

Marshmallow Brownies

On Saturday, I had one of those monster playdates that aims to repay moms that have hosted my munchkins time and time again.  I grab a Starbucks, purchase extra snacks and let the kids run hog wild for an afternoon.
 
I thank my lucky stars we were able to (mostly) finish the basement after we moved in a few years ago.  It's a fab place for munchkins to have puppet shows.  And play school.  And rummage through all the toys I banished from my living areas.

Saturday afternoon, while our basement was being destroyed and belly laughs were being shared, I cranked up the oven and made marshmallow brownies.

Warm brownies are the perfect post belly-laugh treat.  They are the perfect post anything treat.

These brownies, like everything that begins in my kitchen, are rather simple.  You can make your life more difficult and bake your brownies from scratch, I let Betty Crocker take care of the legwork.

Either way, the marshmallow is what makes the brownie.  And these brownies are marshmallow-y to the max.

Top with strawberry marshmallows for a Valentine's Day treat.

Marshmallow Brownies

1 box fudge brownie mix (any variety), prepared**
1  1/2 cups mini marshmallows, (any variety. Jet Puffed makes mint, chocolate and other neat flavors)

**(Mommyhood Brownies is my killer, fool proof from-the-box-recipe.  Use it as needed.)

Prepare brownie mix.  Generously grease 9x13 baking pan.  Add brownie mixture and bake brownies according to package directions.  Remove brownie pan from oven with 5 minutes left to bake.

Sprinkle marshmallows over top of brownies.  Distribute marshmallows evenly.  Place brownies back in oven for 3-5 minutes.

Remove and use knife to gently spread marshmallow over brownies.  Let cool 10 minutes, cut and serve while warm.

From here you inhale and share.

These are also delicious after they have cooled.  Marshmallow works on just about anything in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment