Pages

.

Chili Rellenos

When planning my Valentine luncheon this year, I didn't take into consideration that it fell on
 a Friday during Lent.

Out of all of my friends attending, only three weren't Catholic, and out of those three, one was a vegetarian!!

I did make some white chicken enchiladas, but everything else was meatless.

I had wanted to try this Chili Relleno recipe for a long time.

a photo of my plate!!


When I moved out, I had sat and copied many of my Mom's recipes.  
(this was a long time ago...)

I have transferred this recipe from book to book my whole adult life, and I have never made it?
(why??)

So when I was telling my Mom that I was going to make these, she said,
 "really? I forgot how much I liked those?" 
She hadn't made them in eons either!

Well, they got RAVE reviews at the party!!

And they were so simple!!

I LOVE green chilies, don't you?


Chili Rellenos

3 - 4ounce cans of WHOLE green chilies
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup flour
8 ounce package of Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded
salt, to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 2quart casserole with non-stick cooking spray.

Drain chilies, spread them out flat and remove any seeds.

Whisk the eggs, milk, salt and flour together, set aside.

Line the bottom of the casserole with half of the chilies.

Top with half of the cheese.

Add the other half of the chilies, top with cheese.

Pour egg mixture over the top and bake for 40-45 minutes, until they slightly brown on top and eggs are cooked.



No comments:

Post a Comment