Pages

.

Pina Colada Cupcakes


This was one of my desserts at my girl friend Valentine luncheon this year.

You know, one of those nights when you lay in bed with insomnia
(which I RARELY get)
and the idea just comes to you?

They couldn't be easier!

They smelled SO GOOD.

Try them, you'll like them... or your money back...
err...wait...
this information is free.

(Sorry hubby!!)
He keeps wondering when the blogger paycheck comes...

to which I add and get an eye roll:

but I am one helluva cook... so there! 







Pina Colada Cupcakes

1 classic white cake mix
Parrot Bay Pina Colada Drink Mix (alcohol is already in it!)

4 cups Powdered Sugar
1 stick butter
1/4 cup Coco Real

(you can find it by the mixers in the liquor section)

Limes for garnish
neon green food coloring (optional)

Make the cake per package instructions (egg white method), but replace the water with Pina Colada mix.

Coconut Buttercream:
Beat butter in mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar a little at a time.  Add Coco Real and mix until fluffy.
I tinted mine with a couple of drops of neon green food coloring.


Pipe on cupcakes and garnish with a lime!!

Cheers!


Michaela



No comments:

Post a Comment