Pages

.

Parmesan Salad Bowls


Another fun thing I found on Pinterest!!

When I planned my Girlfriend's Valentine Luncheon this year, I literally planned it around this bowl and a Spinach Artichoke Pizza that will be coming up later this week.

My friend, Sheri, told me she had these when she attended a dinner a couple of months back, and she loved them, so I knew that I had to try them!

They were YUMMY!!
and honestly...EASY.

I found them on the yummy life.

filled with a crispy salad topped with my favorite homemade dressing!

Dressing for Little King Salad!


I will post the recipe here and how I did them.  If you want a FANTASTIC step by step, please click the link above for the yummy life.  She has everything broken down perfectly!

Thanks to her, these were FABULOUS!

Parmesan Salad Bowls
makes 4 - 6" bowls

2 cups of grated fresh Parmesan cheese.  (not the canned stuff!!)
Good quality parchment paper
*2 nesting bowls (or see my comments below)
a microwave safe dinner sized plate
dinner plate

Invert one bowl onto a dinner sized plate, set aside.
Cut your parchment paper to cover your microwave safe plate.  In the center of the plate, on the parchment paper,  place about 1/2 cup of cheese and spread into a circle with your fingers. 
 It should be about 1/2" bigger than your bowl you are mimicking.
You don't need to be exact, and there can be small holes.  
Actually those give a more "lattice" effect when they are done.

Place in the microwave and cook for 2 minutes.
(I followed what she posted and they were perfect. See her blog for difference in microwave wattage)
The cheese will bubble and start to brown.

Take it out of the microwave, and carefully (IT'S HOT!) flip it upside down onto the bowl inverted on to the plate. She suggested nesting another bowl on top to form the bowls.  but my bowls don't nest tightly, and I didn't want to buy more bowls..you know...to make bowls... you get the idea...
So I just laid a kitchen towel over the parchment and formed them with my hands.
Take off of the bowl while they are warm.  They cool quickly, make sure to cool them before stacking them.

I used the same piece of parchment for 6 bowls, and never had a problem.

Stack them in an airtight container, (I used a big ice cream bucket) and they can be stored up to 5 days.

Again, since I didn't take pictures of all of the steps, I highly encourage you to go pay her a visit and read all of her tips and ideas.  She even teaches you how to grate cheese!!






No comments:

Post a Comment