Pages

.

BETTER than SEX CHEX Mix


I found this recipe on Pinterest.

When I saw it I knew I had to try it....
and not just because the person who created it said that I would say 




"I'll have what she's having!"


I mean, how can you go wrong?
Chocolate...caramel....marshmallows....peanut butter....

"oh baby!!"


I have posted the recipe below, but I encourage you to read the post by the blogger I got the recipe from.

I LAUGHED!!



Better Than Sex Chex Mix

8 cups chocolate chex cereal
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 Tablespoons butter
3 Tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
1/2 cup caramel bits
1 Tablespoon cream
1/2 cup milk chocolate  chips
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt

Pour cereal into a large microwaveable bowl , set aside.
Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.

In a two-cup microwavable measuring cup, combine sugar, butter and corn syrup.
Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes until melted and smooth.  Stir in baking soda until dissolved  Pour mixture over the cereal and stir to coat.
Place bowl in microwave and heat on high for 3 minutes, stopping after each minute to stir.
Spread onto cookie sheet and cool.

cooling...

When cereal is cool to the touch break into bite sized pieces.

Evenly sprinkle marshmallows and mini peanut butter cups over the cereal.

Melt the caramel and cream in 20 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
Drizzle over the top.

Next comes the milk chocolate, melt in 20 second intervals and stir until smooth.
Drizzle over the top.

Lastly, the white chocolate.
Watch closely, so chocolate doesn't burn.
Drizzle over the top.

Sprinkle with sea salt while still wet.

Place in the fridge to set.

Break and store in an air tight container.





No comments:

Post a Comment