Pages

.

Country Club Chicken and Pasta



This recipe was literally one of the first things I ever pinned on Pinterest.
When I saw the picture...
they had me at the mushrooms....

I don't know why it took me so long to try it, other than every time I thought about it, I was missing like one ingredient.  But last week, I planned for it, and so it was made.

The original recipe is from kayotic kitchen  I followed her recipe almost to a t.  But there are six of us, so I just increased some things and not others.  It turned out perfect! The chicken was so tender, you didn't even need a knife!



Country Club Chicken

6 chicken breasts
6 slices of bacon
1 onion, minced
1 apple, minced
3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
1 26oz can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/4 cup dry white wine
2/3 cup extra sharp white cheddar cheese
salt and pepper
1 pound spaghetti


In a  large frying pan, cook bacon.  While it's getting nice and crispy, mince your onion and apple and clean and slice your mushrooms. Set aside.

When the bacon is done cooking, place it on a paper towel, and set aside.

Don't drain the bacon grease.
While it's still hot place salt and peppered chicken breasts in the bacon grease and sear until slightly brown on each side.  Place chicken into a 9x13 baking dish.

Drain the bacon grease but don't wash your pan.  In this pan, saute your onion for a couple of minutes, until they become translucent.  Add the minced apple, and saute for a couple of minutes more.  Add mushrooms, and cook until they are heated through.  

Crumble bacon and add to the mixture.

To this add the wine and the cream of mushroom soup.
Combine together, then fold in the grated cheese.

Pour this sauce over the top of the chicken.

Cover and bake at 30 degrees for 35 minutes.
Serve over pasta.


No comments:

Post a Comment