Pages

.

Individual Lemon Raspberry Cheesecakes (no bake)

lemon raspberry cheesecakes

While looking through recipes for my Valentine luncheon this year, I ran across this recipe

I thought they were adorable and a perfect excuse to use my mini trifle bowls!
*swoon!!*

Many of you know, that over the last 9 months I have been doing a little "change of life style" and have lost a little over 40 pounds.  I still have a few pounds to go, but anytime I can have dessert and a little less guilt I am a happy Mama!

I decided to test run this recipe and make it a lightened up version!

I will post the original recipe, as well as what I used to lighten it up a bit.

Let me assure you that even though I had never tried the full fat version, I wasn't missing anything, they were super yummy!!




Individual Lemon Raspberry Cheesecakes (no bake)

crust:
3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 Tablespoon sugar (you could use equal, I used sugar)
3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (I used I can't believe it's not butter, light)

filling:
2/3 cup sugar
zest of 2 lemons
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese, softened (I used the 1/3 less fat kind)
2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) tub of Cool Whip, thawed (I used the fat free)
1 cup fresh raspberries, slightly mashed with a fork



In a medium bowl stir together the cracker crumbs, sugar and melted butter with a fork.
Divide evenly between 6 miniature trifle bowls, and press in the bottom.
Set aside.

In a mixing bowl mix together the sugar and lemon zest until the sugar becomes moist and fragrant.
Add cream cheese and beat with mixer until it is smooth.
Add lemon juice and vanilla and mix to combine.

With a rubber spatula, gently fold in Cool whip until combined.  
Fold in raspberries.

Divide between bowls evenly, using a spoon or you could pipe it in to make a pretty appearance.
Top with fresh raspberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment