Pages

.

7 Spice Indian Cuisine at Danga Bay, Johor Bahru, Malaysia


When I asked my friends from Johor Bahru to recommend a good Indian restaurant, the name 7 Spice Indian Cuisine often come up among the most mentioned favourites. Today, we visited 7 Spice at Danga Bay at the invitation of the owners, Siwa and Nisha. 

When I entered the well appointed, air conditioned 7 Spice Indian Cuisine restaurant, the first thing that struck me was the fragrant aromas that greeted me. This soothing fragrance of spices filled the air in 7 Spice. The experience was like dining and aroma therapy at the same time :P


We were presented several of 7 Spice's popular dishes and this huge curry fish head (RM50) was the centre piece. The fresh, thick, supple and still moist flesh was half submerged in thick curry gravy. The fragrant and flavourful curry was smooth and not too spicy, and would appeal to most palettes. 


My favourite of the day was the signature 7 Spice Garlic Cheese Prawns (RM20) with large fresh prawns in a special 7 Spice gravy.


The flesh was firm, bouncy, juicy and sweet as expected of fresh prawns. But the loudest ooos and ahhhhs were reserved for the special 7 Spice garlic cheese gravy. It's a complex blend of pleasing tastes and flavours of sweet and savoury with subtle spicy notes. Throughout the session as we chatted, I couldn't help myself from dipping my teaspoon into the gravy to savour its unique flavour. Definitely a must try.

 
 
Another signature dish, the 7 Spice Chicken (RM9) was drumsticks well cooked in savoury, flavourful, thick curry gravy.
 
 
 
The neat heap of spiced briyani rice with the tender pieces of fragrant mutton buried under the mound of nutty, aromatic basmati grains. Not surprisingly, the briyani lamb (RM15) and briyani chicken (RM13) are hot sellers at 7 Spice Indian Cuisine.
 
Claypot Lamb Curry (RM18)
 
 
I love the aroma and taste of spice infused mutton with moist, tenderly soft fibres.
 
Fried Squid
 
We were munching on these crunchy and chewy fried squid rings in spicy batter.
 

When I ate the last squid ring at the end of our session, it was still crispy.

Mango pudding (RM5)
 
Coconut pudding (RM4)
 
When it was time for dessert, I was already filled to the brim. So I wasn't too eager and intended to just take the obligatory, polite sampling. Then, one mouthful changed my mind completely.

 
 
These puddings at 7 Spice Indian Cuisine were made with fresh mangoes and coconut. They were cooling and refreshing, and so good that I requested for a second helping :)

 
A couple of the long, tall, cool, refreshing lassi that we had.


7 Spice Indian Cuisine is highly accessible as it is just off Jalan Skudai near to Tune Hotel and Clark Hatch Fitness Centre.
 
 
Restaurant name: 7 Spices Indian Cuisine
Address: G-01, Danga Bay, Jalan Skudai, Johor Bahru
Map: http://goo.gl/maps/JSQpS
GPS: 1.484482,103.718074
Hours: 8:00am to 10:00pm
Halal

Date visited: 1 Oct 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment