Pages

.

A Christmas Rambling

I am currently looking at my kitchen table, which is peppered with groceries I need for the coming days.  The contents include items such a shells (for the homemade macaroni and cheese), vodka sauce (for dinner tonight), chocolate chips (because I am always baking) and red sprinkles from the Bakery Department (for my next 5 bowls of ice cream).

My dishwasher is running and there are crumbs on my floor.  Neither of those things is news in this house.

I have approximately 70 gifts to wrap tucked away in my basement.  Don't tell anyone. 

Before you cry for me regarding the above statement, I shall rephrase: I have about 10 gifts to wrap and Hubby has 60.


The longstanding rule in this house is "I buy it, YOU wrap it".  Works like a charm.  It's a highly recommended system.

I have more laundry than I care to admit waiting for me in the basement.  I avoid this job because my basement is the temperature of my fridge.  I also have to carry laundry up two flights of stairs if I want it in a timely manner.  If there are no time constraints on clean laundry, and all munchkins have clean underwear, I stack the baskets as high as possible and wait for Hubby to carry them upstairs.

Hubby is fabulous.

Before I start laundry I have to adjust the outside Christmas decor (dang wind) and fix a fuse. 

Is it too late to ask Santa for updated electric?  

All the while, as I continue about my day, I shall be listening to my Christmas music and snacking on my hundreds of baked goods.

Tis' the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment