Pages

.

Afternoon Movie: Legends of the Fall

I remember when Legends of the Fall  hit the big screen.  Brad Pitt was never hotter and the name "Tristan" became quite the trend.
I can understand why.

Yesterday, still weak on the energy from battling the flu last weekend, I did something I haven't done in years.  I sat and watched a movie while Moopa napped.

Encore was playing Legends of the Fall.  Brad Pitt was dreamy and Anthony Hopkins was commanding.  The evolving tale of this family tugs at my heartstrings because it so perfectly portrays how complicated life is when children grow up.  

People develop different ideals.  They fall in love.  They grow apart and but family always ties them together.
There is so much love, passion, family, war, politics, history and heart in this film I needed a box of tissues every half hour yesterday.

I cannot watch this film without crying my eyes out.

Tristan, I have nowhere to send this letter and no reason to believe you wish to receive it. I write it only for myself. And so I will hide it away along with all the things left unsaid and undone between us. (Susannah)

Oh Susannah.  Excuse me as I dry my tears.

And now, to Target for a Frappuccino.

No comments:

Post a Comment