Pages

.

Teacher Gift Idea

My list of teachers, bus drivers, secretaries and teacher assistants rapidly expands by the year.  As my munchkins grow, another one enters school or the bus route changes.

Then there is the school nurse who may as well be a close personal friend.

Last year, I wrote a post detailing my choice for teacher gifts. Since it is only December 7th, and my teacher gifts are not yet prepared, I am re-posting from last year.

While gift cards are always an excellent choice, (and Mommyhood recommended as long as they are cleverly packaged) last year I gave very meaningful gifts that were different from the norm. 

They are also extremely affordable.  Always a plus.

If you teach any of my children stop reading now.  This will ruin one of the 25 gifts you will receive this holiday season.

 I'm 99.9% certain I didn't need to write that forewarning.

This year, I continued on my quest to give teacher gifts that were useful.  I can only imagine how much stuff teachers accumulate. If they have 25 students, that's 100 gifts every four years.

That's a lot of candles.

This is why I struggle with the teacher gift shopping.  I have given the almighty gift card.  Teachers must sing to the heavens when they open that little sucker. 

This year, to change things up, I went a different route.
Samaritan's Purse

I gave something that wouldn't take up space.  And it wasn't a gift card.

I gave the gift of helping to teach a child to read.  A donation in their honor*.  How perfect, the teachers are helping children to read and they don't have to teach them.  It's like giving a paid vacation.

And even though I was loving my gift, I couldn't stay away from a little "stuff" to go with it.

I figured hand soap is always a good bet with all the germs floating around those classrooms.  And chocolates are a good bet with all the chaos floating around those classrooms.  And once used, you throw them out.  They disappear.  I LOVE when my munchkins get fun gifts that disappear.

Like a craft set.  Craft one night and it's gone.  Poof!


To view the online Samaritan's Purse catalog, click HERE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment