Pages

.

A Mommyhood Year in Review

Here in pictures, I present the "Mommyhood Year in Review".

We've learned to swim, to waitress and to use the potty.  We've had doctor appointments (more than I can recall), testing, surgeries and medications.

We drove to Disney for the 1st time, ran races and celebrated birthdays.

With family, I believe the more the merrier, and the more the crazier.

Here is our very concise year in review:

January

Cold Stone Creamery contacts me to review their ice cream flavors for 2011.  They send a car.  We arrive in city and spend an hour in a penthouse eating ice cream.

I will forever love Cold Stone Creamery for appreciating my sincere and genuine love for ice cream.  And for trusting my expertise.

February

I begin my first official waitressing gig.  The girls are fun and the money is better than retail.  After six hours waiting tables, our evenings end with greasy food and money.  

 
We drive 19 hours to Disney for the first time.  Or, hubby drove 16 hours and I drove three.  I like to pitch in when necessary.
March

A very dear childhood friend, who also happens to be a phenomenal Dermatologist, uses me for a demo on Botox and Juvederm.

The clock turned back ten years for 9 short months.  It was fab.
April

A few local mommies created a running group.  Our first race was at the Bronx Zoo.  We left early in the morning and we ran for penguins. We had a three hour lunch afterward.

Hubby was thrilled.
May

Our little Moopa had corrective surgery on her eyes.  She was a trooper.  I wish I could say the same for myself.
On a happier note, our Gymnastics Queen won State Championships on the uneven bars.  On her 8th birthday.  It was pretty awesome.
June

Our oldest hit "double digits".  Ten is a big birthday for a little boy.
July

My Sports Fanatic and my Gymnastics Queen ran a five mile race.  The both finished with their tiny faces beaded in sweat and blisters on some toes.

I was very proud.
The week after the race, my youngest brother got married.
August

LLG, the resident maniac, learns to swim.  Parenting a child with no fear is wonderful in these instances.  In 90% of other instances parenting a child with no fear just causes mini heart attacks.
September

Hubby and I celebrate another anniversary.  Eleven fabulously fabulous years of wedded bliss.
October

Our Sports Fanatic earns back his quarterback position.  This taught him much about perseverance and hard work.

He also took a trip to watch the Chargers (his #1 team) play the Chiefs in Kansas City.  It was the trip of a lifetime for our football fanatic. 
November

I reconnected with Edward.  Breaking Dawn hit theaters and finally Edward and Bella....got married.
December

We spend another Christmas together, celebrating our family and the real reason for the season.  Santa brought exactly what the munchkins asked for, and we once again give thanks for how blessed we are.

Happy 2012!  All the best for a Happy New Year!  Be safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment