Pages

.

Candy Bar Fudge

candy bar fudge, made with Snickers

I make this fudge EVERY year at Christmas.  

Yesterday was no different.  It just so happened that it ended up being the "light at the end of the tunnel" for my little guy yesterday afternoon.

I have been trying to get my kids in for flu shots for weeks.  It's hard to get 4 kids and myself to the doctor all at once without missing school. Then every time I had it scheduled, someone came home from school or stayed home sick.  Yesterday I said that's it! Today is the day!

I texted my two high schoolers and told them to meet me at the doctor's office after school.  I picked up my two 9 year olds and headed over.  
My youngest son asked why we were turning and I said that we were getting our flu shots.  

PURE PANIC. 

He is NOT a fan of shots (who is really?) But even more so... 

So, I did what Mom's do best in awkward situations, I changed the subject.

Asked them about their day, and told them about what I had baked.

When I said fudge, his eyes lit up and exclaimed "FUDGE?!? The one with the Snickers in it??"

That very one... 

Thank goodness.  It was what pulled him through! 

This fudge is so darn easy!! It literally has 3 ingredients.

candy bar fudge



Candy Bar Fudge

1 can Chocolate Frosting 
( I use chocolate fudge, but Milk chocolate works great, too)

1 bag of chocolate chips 
(I use semi-sweet, but use milk chocolate if you use the milk chocolate frosting)

3 regular sized Snickers candy bars 
( or about 7 minis) 

Line an 8x8 pan with foil. Spray with non-stick spray. 
(or use non-stick foil...that stuff is THE BOMB.)

Chop candy bars, reserving about 1/4 cup.

Melt chips over low heat in saucepan.
hen melted add the frosting and stir until smooth.
 Add chopped candy bars, stir. 

Spread into prepared pan.
Top with reserved candy bars, and chill for at least one hour.

Cut into squares with warm knife.

Makes 36 squares.

I have also made this with Butterfingers.  The Snickers is the hit at my house. You could use about any candy bar I would think? I bet if you were an Almond Joy fan that would be awesome!

Enjoy!!


~Michaela



No comments:

Post a Comment