Pages

.

Chocolate Pretzel Wreath

Over the weekend I decided to try something different with my standard chocolate covered pretzels.

Rather than dip them and set them out in a bowl, I layered them to make a "wreath".  I added holiday M&M's and some colored sprinkles, and set my masterpiece out of toddler reach for the chocolate to set.

I learned my lesson with the Rudolph Cupcakes last week.

The pretzel wreath was festive yet extremely easy to make.  And by the end of the night only a few pieces remained.

Chocolate Pretzel Wreath

1 bag bite sized pretzels 
1 11.5 oz bag milk chocolate chips
Holiday M&M's (if desired, any flavor)
Sprinkles (if desired)

Place chocolate in heavy glass, microwave safe bowl.  Microwave on high, in 30 second intervals.  Stir after each interval.

When chocolate is smooth, set aside.

Line working surface with wax paper.  Dip pretzels in chocolate, arranging them in a circle.  I used a large dinner plate as my guide.

Once wreath is complete, decorate with chocolate candies, sprinkles or anything else your heart desires.  When chocolate and pretzels are involved, the possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment