Pages

.

Almond Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies


almond raspberry shortbread thumbprints


These are a favorite every year on my cookie platters!

Years ago, when my oldest son was in Pre-School, I made friends with a mom of one of the other students, her name was Andi.  Andi used to host these amazing tea parties at her home.  Her house was all Victorian decorated and she had the most intricate tea sets!   These tea parties have always been a cherished memory of mine.

One tea party she made these cookies, and they were to DIE FOR.

I have made them for Christmas every year since.  I also make them at Valentine's Day.

They are like little mini pastries.

I baked a batch a couple of weeks ago when I was in a baking frenzy. My husband came home for lunch when I was in the midst of baking, and I put them in the oven while we chatted.  When I took them out, they looked like THIS....

yikes.

This is what happens when you get to chatting and forget the flour!! We all have our days, don't we??

When done right, they look like these below.

You won't be sorry you added these to your baking this year!

gorgeous!


I misplaced her recipe for a couple of years, and searched for it on Google.  

Come to find out the recipe was on Kraft Recipes as well as All Recipes.com!

Here it is!


Almond Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies

Cookie:
2/3 cup sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
2 cups flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam

Glaze:

1 cup powdered sugar
3/4 teaspoon almond extract
1 T milk

Combine sugar and butter until creamy.  Add almond extract and flour and mix until smooth.

With a cookie 1 teaspoon sized cookie scoop, form balls. make a well into the center with your finger.  I actually use a small measuring spoon or my index finger to poke a hole. (Be careful to mend any cracks, or the jam will bubble out the side.) Spoon jam into centers.

here they are filled and ready to go into the oven.

They are not teeny tiny thumbprints!

Bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, or until edges begin to brown slightly. 

Leave on cookie sheet for a couple minutes.  Remove and cool for about 10 minutes more.  While they are cooling, mix up the glaze.  Drizzle over the warm cookies, glaze will set like a glazed doughnut.

Makes about 2 1/2 dozen

So yummy!!





No comments:

Post a Comment