Pages

.

Homemade Sugar Scrubs - Great Holiday Gift

Sugar scrubs seem to be all the rage this year!

I have seen lots of posts, and hopefully you don't find this one "redundant," but I made some, too!

peppermint sugar scrub

My kids' school actually really does us and the teachers a favor by doing gift certificates for all of the staff.  
In early December we send in a donation, and they divvy it out.

It's a lifesaver.  

I usually try to make something homemade for them, and we buy them a book or two for their classrooms.

This year it sugar scrub!

these are the ones I did for their teachers


A month or so ago, my daughter Josie and I decided to make some.  
I made one for my friend, Lori, for her birthday.  
She had given me some sweet orange essential oil a while back for in my bubble bathes.

I knew she liked it, so I decided to make her a sweet orange sugar scrub.

(Wish I would have taken a picture of it!)

She loved it, and asked me for the recipe.

This one is for you, Lori!! 

(and all of you others who want something for dry skin this winter!!)




*** You can find Vitamin E Oil and Essential oils at Whole Foods, vitamin or nutrition stores! ***



Basic Sugar Scrub Recipe

1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon essential oil / or scented extract

Blend together in a bowl until oil is absorbed into sugar.


This is a basic recipe, I have just played with it for the different scents. 






brown sugar vanilla sugar scrub


This one smells so good!!  



Brown Sugar Vanilla Sugar Scrub

1/4 cup white sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla

Blend together in a bowl until oil is absorbed into sugar.



top view of teacher gifts

You can use leftover jars, jelly jars or find something cute like the ones above at your local craft store for around a $1.00

Word to the wise...DO NOT use garlic jars.  They may smell clean...but trust me, they will smell like garlic, so unless you're into Garlic Sugar Scrub, or you need to keep vampires away or something, I wouldn't recommend it!

I used ribbon, and scrapbook paper, Modge Podge, some fun "snowball looking" sprigs, and made tags on my computer.  Just use your imagination! 




Peppermint Sugar Scrub


1 cup white sugar
2 regular sized candy canes (crushed finely)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
1 1/2 teaspoon peppermint oil

Blend together in a bowl until oil in absorbed into sugar.




peppermint scrub --- I modge podged a reindeer scrapbook sticker on the front





bubblegum sugar scrub


Bubblegum sugar scrub was inspired by my beloved Bubble Gum Cupcakes!

This scrub smells SO DARN GOOD!!  



Bubble Gum Sugar Scrub


1cup white sugar
pink sugar crystals
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vitamin E Oil
1 teaspoon bubblegum extract

Blend together in a bowl until oil is absorbed into sugar. Add pink sugar crystals to "pink up" the scrub.



There ya go!! Easy, fun, economical and useful gifts.

I have made all kinds of them.... 
I can't wait to give them to the teachers,  some friends, my mail lady ... and a few others!


Cheers to smooth scrubbed tootsies this winter!



No comments:

Post a Comment