Pages

.

Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy



To me, this is the ULTIMATE comfort food. It was one of my favorite things my Mom made me as a kid, and something that I still make to this day when I need a little "comfort."



Pork Chops with Mushroom Gravy


4-6 Pork Chops
Flour
Salt & Pepper
Oil
2 cans cream of mushroom soup
2 cans of mushrooms (or use fresh)
1-2 soup cans milk

Heat oil a large skillet with a lid. (just enough oil to coat the bottom of the pan)
Dredge pork chops in flour, sprinkled with salt and pepper.
Add pork chops to oil and brown well on both sides. 

Remove pork chops from pan and set aside.  
To drippings add about 1-2 cups of hot water and stir until bubbly.
Add soup, mushrooms and milk and stir to combine.
Replace pork chops, cover and simmer for about an hour, or until they are nice an tender, flipping occasionally so they don't stick.

Serve with mashed potatoes.

Ah. 




No comments:

Post a Comment