Pages

.

A Few of the Many Reasons I Love Capri Sun

Summer is winding down.  While the beginning of summer was met with excitement and plenty of fun in the sun, these last few weeks have been a bit lazier.

I'm having to push my kids into the pool and organize activities to get them running around.  They don't know it, and they wouldn't believe it, but they really need school to start. 

Last week, several moms from my town decided to get the kids out on one last hurrah before school starts at the end of August.  There is a gorgeous state park about thirty miles away, and there is plenty for the kids in terms of swimming, hiking and just PLAYING.  I felt this was a great opportunity for my kids to see friends and more importantly spend time together.

There is much more squabbling and annoying each other when we're all stuck within the walls of our house.  Fresh air has a way of lightening everyone's mood, mine included.

Before I leave for any event, I pack a cooler of snacks and drinks.  Truthfully, every time I leave the house I have at least a Capri Sun pouch in my purse.  My kids don't weather thirst or hunger very well; both lead to meltdowns and attitude problems.  With four kids, buying everyone a beverage when we're out and about is not in the budget.  Neither are brand name jeans or fancy sneakers.

Thus, every trip to the supermarket includes tossing at least two boxes of Capri Sun Roarin' Waters Flavored Water Beverage into my cart, and every trip to the mall includes coupons and sale racks.

When you're raising a small army, you have to be resourceful.

As far as beverages go, I prefer the Roarin' Waters because it's only 30 calories, no artificial colors or flavors and is the perfect drink to hydrate my kids on a hot summer day.  My kids prefer them because, well, they are much more exciting than a bottle of water.  Whenever possible I try to be exciting, because I have a habit of enforcing rules and assigning chores.

Such a Debbie Downer.

For our trip to the state park, I packed plenty of snacks and Capri Sun pouches.  While the weather wasn't ideal for swimming (or being at a park period), the kids didn't seem to mind.  The wind was gusting, but everyone under the age of 20 still found their way into the lake.

Ah, to be a kid again.

 
 

With school around the corner, I've been stocking my Capri Sun boxes in the basement.  They are a must for school lunches and football games.  My kids love them, and they are super easy and convenient.  Today I decided to try a new flavor, Capri Sun Super V Fruit and Vegetable Juice Drink in Fruit Punch.  Super V has a 1 combined serving of fruits and vegetables*, and that tiny pouch even packs some fiber.  Perfect for my growing munchkins.

Find out more about Capri Sun and all their family friendly products.  Or you can check them out on Facebook.

I'm wondering, what's your "go-to" beverage when you are out and about with your kids?

 

Each pouch provides 1/2 cup of fruit and vegetable juice. According to U.S. dietary guidelines, Capri Sun Super V Fruit and Vegetable Drink contains one combined serving of fruit and vegetables--3/4 from fruit juice and 1/4 from vegetable juice. Be sure to feed your kids a variety of whole fruits and vegetables each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment