Pages

.

My Favorite (Random) Household Tips

I'm starting to feel like a Pinterest spokesperson.  Pinterest is my "go-to" for the best tips, recipes, decorating ideas and useless information.

It's addicting, and lately I'm very selective about pins I like and pins I actually "pin,"  like some kind of Pinterest snob.

Here, are some of my favorite "Household Tips" from Pinterest.  Some of them, like the dry erase marker on the washer, are perfect for my house.  Just last trip down the beach I shrunk my sister-in-law's brand new crochet sweater to the size of a babydoll dress.

It happens.  Often.



1.  Wrinkly clothes?  Toss them in the dryer with a few ice cubes for five minutes.

2.  A hot spoon on a mosquito bite stops the reaction, and the itch.

3. Make a homemade ice pack: 1 part rubbing alcohol to 3 parts water, gets really cold, but never hardens so you can manipulate it.  

4. Glue a magnetic strip inside a drawer to hold your bobby pins.

5. Have an item that can't be dried in the washer (like a crochet sweater that isn't yours)?  Keep a dry erase marker with your laundry detergent and write on the washing machine item that needs to be removed before drying.

6. Put your pancake mix in a squeeze bottle...no more messy ladles.

7. Heal paper cuts and stop the sting with chapstick.

8.  Line a paint tray with a plastic bag...no more washing messy paint!

9. Use cupcake liners under Popsicle (poke stick through) for little ones.  No more sticky hands.

10.Toothpaste has many powers.  Use it to remove crayon marks from a wall, whiten the soles of your sneakers and deodorize your hands (ever cut an onion?)

On another note, have a fab Friday.  The weekend, my friends, is upon us!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment