Pages

.

Triscuit Macaroni and Cheese (Please!)

It's been a long while since I've posted a recipe.  This is because it's been a long while since I've cooked anything other than pancakes, grilled cheese, chicken nuggets or pasta for many months.

I've been moving.  And competing for Mother of the Year.

Last week, I jazzed up my mother's classic, super easy and super delicious macaroni and cheese with crumbled Triscuits.  It was nothing short of fabulous.  In between the creamy and dreamy macaroni and cheese was a salty, crunchy heavenly Triscuit flavor.

Amazing.

You can thank me later.
5 cups milk (you can go whole, 2% or 1%...depending on what you prefer.  I do 1% for the waistline)
1 32 oz container Velveeta (I used 2% milk Velveeta)
1 box shells
1 cup crumbled Triscuits
Pepper (as desired)

Preheat oven to 350.

Warm milk over low heat in a heavy 6 quart saucepan.  Slice Velveeta and add slices, one at a time, while stirring slowly.  Continue to add Velveeta until only 1/3 of Velveeta remains.  Stir milk and Velveeta until cheese is completely melted. 

While preparing milk and Velveeta, on separate burner, cook shells and drain. 

Pour shells into a 9x13 baking dish, and pour milk/Velveeta mixture over top.  Slice a few extra slices of Velveeta and push in between shells.  Add pepper as desired.  You will have extra milk/Velveeta, how much you add is how creamy you like your mac n' cheese.

Sprinkle Triscuits over top. 

Bake at 350, for approximately 20 minutes or until bubbling.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment