Pages

.

Evolving, Evaluating and Playing in Creeks

Since living out of what I would call the "tri-state" area, I'm evolving.  It's a long and exciting process, which involves patience and a desire to open myself up to change.

I must admit, change is scary, but refreshing.  Most of this recent "change" has been forced on me, but it's making me re-evaluate my life.  My pace.  My preconceived notions about people.

Preconceived anything is not a good thing.  I'm happy to say that I'm slowly letting judgements fall away, as they should.  There is always more than meets the eye, and I'm trying my very best to give everyone a blank slate approach.

It's not easy, but I'm a work in progress.

A few things I've embraced since moving here are boots, cowboy hats and cows.  I love my cows.  I take pictures of them every time they are close enough to my car and there is no one behind me.

Which is often.

Speaking of no one behind me, the empty space out here is breathtaking, and it calms the nerves.  I also enjoy driving in peace, with no on riding up my rear cursing me under their breath.

I kind of putt along, staring at cows.  And Amish people.  And tiny goats.

Lastly, I have long underestimated the power of a nice creek.  One that has plenty of rocks and very shallow water.  If there is one thing everyone embraces out here, it's a good creek to dip your feet in, play in, and throw rocks in.

Kids will do this for hours.  And it's so much better than any Xbox.

I wish everyone a refreshing week, full of just enough change to make you re-evaluate your life.  Take it from me, sometimes the pace is too fast or the people are good as gold underneath the scary exterior.

Evolve, evaluate and play in a creek.  You never know, you might just like what you find. 


No comments:

Post a Comment