Pages

.

Purple Cow Smoothie

My oldest graduated from High School on Sunday and on Monday had a morning appointment at the oral surgeon to have all of his wisdom teeth extracted.




When he thought about eating ice cream all day, I think it sounded appealing until about 3 PM.  He was tired of it.

We make smoothies around her, but they are like "kitchen sink smoothies" that we throw in whatever is laying around.  I haven't ever followed a recipe.

So I thought I would ask for inspiration.  
I got some yummy ideas... all of which I am sure we will try this week.

I was headed to the store and asked which one I should make first, and this was his first pick!

It was easy and I whipped it up right when I got home.

He slurped it down...sans the straw...no dry sockets please!!


Thank you to Ingrid Stephenson Rodgers for sending me the recipe!!

Purple Cow Smoothie
Ingrid Stephenson Rodgers

2 cups of grape juice
1 cup of blueberries (I used frozen ones)
2 cups of vanilla yogurt
I added about a cup of ice cubes

Blend and serve with a dollop of whipped cream and purple sprinkles!


When I handed it to him he said "OOOOooooo even whipped cream!"

He LOVED it!! 

Thanks, Ingrid!



No comments:

Post a Comment