Pages

.

Confessions


Every so often I feel the need to open up and tell the world something they may not know about me.  Especially those of you gorgeous people who know me mostly, or only, through this blog.

I would never want you to think I have it all together (so not true) or that I actually mop my floors (does spot cleaning count?).

Today, I'm telling you this...

I curse like a sailor.  All the time.  It's not very pretty and it's a terrible habit.  But I use, quite regularly, all those awful bad words we constantly tell our kids NOT to say.  I use them hundreds of times a day and they now are so natural to me they slip out when I least expect them to.

It's very unladylike.  And un-mother-like.  The other day I was walking behind my daughter on the stairs, and I was saying something.  I can't even remember what it was.  But I slipped a f*ck in there without even blinking.  My daughter gasped and turned at me with a "MOM!"

Thank heavens for kids who know better than to use language their parents use.

I don't know when I started using these words, or even why.  It may be because I have four brothers.  Or maybe it's because I started with a few choice words and now I've expanded to more words, and I just created a monster.

I do know with certainty that waitressing did not help.  If anything, it only fed my terrible, awful, no good potty mouth.

I'm trying to cut back, and I promise I know better than to use these words out in public or in front of other people's munchkins.  I can manage a filter when it is absolutely necessary.

To wrap this up, Happy F*cking Tuesday.  Just kidding, kind of (wink).

Have a good one!


No comments:

Post a Comment