Pages

.

Chicken Divan (Chicken with Broccoli)


My Mom got this recipe from my Aunt Ellen many years ago.  
It's always been a favorite of mine, one, because I love chicken so much it's amazing that  I don't grow feathers, and two, because I LOVE curry!!



It seems sort of "fancy" with the name and all, but honestly, it's quite easy to prepare.
I love one dish recipes, don't you?



ready to go in the oven



Chicken Divan

4-6 chicken breasts
2 cans cream of chicken soup
1 cup mayonnaise (I use fat free and it's just fine)
1 teaspoon curry powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
fresh broccoli spears (about one large bunch, more if desired), steamed
margarine or butter
1 large package wide egg noodles, cooked and drained

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.

In melted butter or margarine, in a frying pan, saute your chicken breasts for about 15 minutes.
Steam broccoli and boil and drain noodles.
In a small bowl prepare the sauce:soup, mayo, curry, salt and lemon juice.  Combine.

Place noodles on the bottom of your baking dish.  Cover with chicken breasts, then broccoli, then top with sauce.

Cover and bake for 30 minutes.

Recipe can be cut in half for a smaller crowd.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment