Pages

.

Iced Snickerdoodle Bars


I did a trial run on these bars a couple of weeks before my son's graduation party.

My family loved them!!

I decided they would be gracing my dessert buffet for sure!

I thought and thought about what I wanted for desserts and I decided to do an assortment of cookie bars.


Here's the recipe for these.

Iced Snickerdoodle Bars
recipe from Betty Crocker

2 1/3 cups flour
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter softened
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 eggs 
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cinnamon Filling
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
1 Tablespoon sugar

Glaze
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tablespoons milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Spray a 13x9 pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine dry ingredients in a bowl and set aside.

In your mixer combine butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until creamy.
Slowly add in dry ingredients until combined.

Spoon and spread half of the batter into the bottom of the pan.
Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.

Dollop the rest of batter evenly in teaspoon sized amounts over the top of the cinnamon sugar.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Cool for one hour.

Stir mixture for glaze and drizzle over the top of the bars.  
Cut into squares.

Makes 24 bars.




No comments:

Post a Comment