Pages

.

Shrimp and Crab Pasta with Apple Dumplings for Dessert

the table is set

So, you may have heard, that yesterday, my husband and I celebrated our 20th Wedding anniversary. 
It is so hard to believe that we have been married THAT long.  
Just goes to show you that life goes by in an instant, doesn't it?

here we were 20 years ago

We actually went out for a special dinner over the past weekend.  When you have four kids and a special date falls during the week, you make the best of it!  

So, on the actual date we celebrated at home with our kids.

I made one of our family's most requested meals.

It looks very pretty, and it's actually really quick to make.


shrimp and crab pasta

Like many things that I make, I just shake stuff in there until it tastes good.  But yesterday I measured and wrote down what I actually used, here is the recipe:


Shrimp and Crab Pasta

3-4 T. Olive oil
2 t. Mrs. Dash Tomato, Basil and Garlic
1 stick of butter, divided
1- 14oz size can of diced tomatoes
1 clove garlic, minced
sea salt to taste
1/2 cup onion, diced a little large
12 oz of cooked and tail removed shrimp
8 oz of imitation crab meat (or the real thing if you are lucky to have that close to you!!)
1 1/2 boxes of thick spaghetti (or other pasta choice)
fresh Parmesan cheese

Boil your pasta and drain it, set aside. 
In a skillet, add 3 T of olive oil, 1/2 stick of butter, Mrs. Dash and garlic. On a medium heat, melt butter and spices together.  Add to this your shrimp, your crab and onion.  Saute for about 2-3 minutes. Add tomatoes, juice and all. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste. Warm through.  Add pasta and remaining butter, toss.  When butter is melted and pasta is warm, place in a pasta bowl and top with fresh Parmesan cheese.

For dessert I tried a recipe I saw online last week from The Country Cook. The recipe was for Apple Dumplings.  Holy cow were they simple, and yummy!! 
 I served them with a cinnamon apple dumpling ice cream.  
They were a treat!


So, time flies by, so enjoy what you do every day, or at least try to.  Spend it with the ones that you love and some good food, and life will be good.

here we are today


thought I would share my gorgeous roses I received yesterday





No comments:

Post a Comment