Pages

.

Cake Batter Bars

For the record, I saw these on Pinterest.  I'm beginning to sound like a broken record. 

However, I didn't keep to the recipe because I needed 28 bars.  I was bringing these to my son's football team, and they need cookie bars larger than rice grains.

My recipe turned out just perfect.  The end result was cake batter bar heaven and 28 bellies full of sugar.

Be careful not to overbake, because I strongly believe in soft, chewy centers.

Cake Batter Bars

2 1/2 cups vanilla cake mix (Funfetti works well)
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup butter, very soft

1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
Sprinkles (if desired)

Heat oven to 350. 

Grease 9x13 baking dish.  Blend butter and sugars on medium to high speed until creamy.  Add eggs and vanilla, mix well.  Add remaining ingredients, blending on low until just combined.  Stir in colorful sprinkles if desired.

Pour into prepared dish, bake 25-30 minutes.  Check bars at 25 minutes, if center is extremely "jiggly" continue baking.  Center should be a little gooey. 

If you can resist, let bars cool before cutting and serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment