Pages

.

Porcupine Meatballs

This one was always a favorite when I was a kid.  

Now... it's one of my kids' favorites. 

(My "big kid" too!)

porcupine meatballs

Don't get "stuck" looking for something easy for dinner?! Try making porcupine meatballs!! 

With the simple ingredients this recipe takes, you'll have dinner on the table in a jiffy!

I never really point out that when I make dinner it's for a family of six, 
so remember my recipes are easily cut in half. 



Porcupine Meatballs

2 lbs ground beef
2 cans tomato soup
2 eggs
1 1/4 c Minute rice, uncooked
2 t. Worcestershire Sauce
dry Parsley
Salt and Pepper
1 c Water

Combine beef with eggs, 1 t. of Worcestershire Sauce and rice. 
Form into balls. (don't make them too big or they tend to fall apart easier)
Place in skillet, combine soup, 1 t. Worcestershire and water.  Pour over balls.  Sprinkle with dry parsley, and salt and pepper.  Simmer about 20 minutes, turning meatballs over from time to time, and stirring so they don't stick. When meatballs are no longer pink in center they are done. 

I always serve these with a baked potato with sour cream.  Pairs perfectly!

I typically make these in the skillet, but I have baked them in the oven.  
They bake about the same time as a meat loaf, depending on how much ground beef you are using. 

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment