Pages

.

Crock Pot French Onion French Dip Sandwiches

This is one of those recipes that I got out of some old church cookbook a million years ago.

I am warning you though, you might not look at a french dip the same way again.


I know it looks like a basic 'ol sandwich, but it tastes A-MA-ZING



If you are like me, and love the flavor of french onion soup, you are going to LOVE this sandwich.

Of course, I have never been a sandwich girl.

I was one of those kids that took a thermos of soup to school in my  Snoopy lunch box.



sadly, I don't have my lunchbox anymore, but this one I found on google is pretty darn close.



Yea, I was that kid. 

I know you're jealous.

But when I met this sandwich, it changed my view of sandwiches.

Not to mention my crock pot.

So, fix this in the morning, or throw it together in your crock pot the night before, cook it all day long and ENJOY!

I wish I could give credit to the church lady that submitted this...

But church lady, where ever you are....



THANK YOU!


French Onion French Dip Sandwiches

4 LB Chuck Roast
1 package dry french onion soup mix
1/2 cup soy sauce
5 cups water
1 large onion, sliced in big slices (I usually just 1/8 the onion)
2 cloves garlic minced
mushrooms, canned or fresh (optional)
Hoagie Rolls
cheese (we use provolone or swiss)

Place everything in the crock pot (well not the ROLLS or the cheese, silly) and cook all day long. 

Shred meat and place into *toasted hoagie rolls, top with cheese and serve with the au jus it made all by itself, just for you.



french onion french dip



*If you are lucky enough to live where you can by Rotella Hoagie rolls, toast them in the oven for about 3 minutes on 375 degrees.  It makes them perfectly crusty! Mmmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment