Pages

.

Bubblicious Bubblegum Cupcakes with Bubblegum Buttercream Frosting



bubblegum cupcakes with bubblegum buttercream frosting



So I guess I bake a lot of cupcakes. 

My kid's friends seem to think I always have cupcakes on my kitchen counter.

My daughter's friend Amelia (Aimee) LOVES to see them when she visits. 
So, how could I let her birthday go by without something baked especially for her?

I racked my brain to come up with something worthy a girl's slumber party in honor of her 15th birthday.  Then it hit me... BUBBLE GUM!!

I searched high and low for bubble gum extract, and finally found it, then the idea was born and the cupcakes were baked.



 how cute are they?? and the gift bag...it screams 15 year old girl!



Even better, the bubble gum pink frosting went so well with my cute Zak cupcake shaped tray!



LOVE my Zak wear!!


scoop your frosting on your cupcakes with an ice cream scoop for a different look!
CUTE!!



So, pull up a chair, grab your coins and see if you get your favorite colored gumball...


I always liked the pink and white...




 can you find the cupcake?






Bubblegum Cupcakes with Bubblegum Buttercream Frosting

Cake:
1 box white cake mix
1/8 teaspoon bubblegum extract
brightly colored sprinkles


Frosting:
4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 cup milk
3/4 teaspoon bubblegum extract
bubblegum balls
sprinkles
pink food coloring gel

Make cake mix according to the package directions. Add 1/8 teaspoon of bubblegum extract. Fold in brightly colored sprinkles.  Bake in cupcake liners. 


when they come out of the oven they look like they have gumballs baked right in!



To make frosting whip all of the ingredients together,  color until bubblegum pink and pipe onto cooled cupcakes.  

my pampered chef easy accent decorator loaded and ready

I have used the icing bags many times to decorate, or even just a plain 'ol plastic bag with the corner cut out, but I have to say I LOVE my Pampered Chef decorator! 
I always use it at Easter to make my deviled eggs, too!!


 I sprinkled them with "bubblegum blue" crystals. Then top the cupcake with a gumball!

the frosting smells AMAZING!

 
   

Ooooo.... and when you EAT them!?!?

yum.


HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aimee!!

my daughter and Aimee on "Neon Out" night at the football game

No comments:

Post a Comment