Pages

.

Where I've Been

I'm appalled I haven't blogged since Saturday, October 29th.  Although I have good reason.

I've been in the 1800's.

Due to a very unusual winter storm, a large majority of my northeastern world lost power last Saturday.  Trees heavy with snow came down in abundance.  Branches snapped and transformers exploded.  The damage was extensive and restoration times have been lengthy.

The past few days lights have slowly been coming back on and many toilets are flushing once again.

We have wells and septic tanks in these parts.

We had no school on Halloween.  Children in some areas were not permitted to trick-or-treat because of downed power lines.  For a short twenty four hours we even lost cell phone service.

It was nutty.

While our house is now fully powered , and we all have thoroughly enjoyed hot showers, our Internet and phone are still out of service.  The first few days I didn't mind.  It was quiet.  I did laundry and cleaned the house.

Now it's a gettin' old.

To recap all you've missed in Mommyhood, here is my last few days in pictures:

On Saturday, the gorgeous fall foliage suffered an onslaught of winter weather.
On Sunday, we abandoned our home and headed eight miles down the road to my parents' house.  Amazingly, they still had television and heat.

It was lovely.

On Halloween, the munchkins had no school.  I dressed them in their costumes and went back to my mom and dad's.  While there I made Popeye get ahead on his homework.
Sometime during the day Monday our power returned.

Before returning home to perform a power cleaning due to generator living, I dressed as a hot dog and hit the trick-or-treat circuit.
Hope all is well in your part of the world.  My fingers are crossed I will be back online soon.

Happy Wednesday!

Mommyhood Footnote:  I'm blogging from my mom and dad's.  Thank heavens for family.

No comments:

Post a Comment