Pages

.

If You Want Somethin' Done...

For the past two football banquets, my son's team has had no year end video.  We sit through every other team's music and photos on a large projection screen.  Our players wait and wait, and no video featuring their football season appears.

This year, I blogged much about their losing record.  These boys also experienced an abrupt end to their season due to a freak October snow.  Their football season has been peppered with obstacles.

Today is our football program's banquet, and our team deserves a film to commemorate their season.  Last night I asked Hubby to email the head coach to make sure someone prepared a film. 

Just as I suspected, no one had. 

Now, I have never made a DVD in my life.  I am lucky I have taught myself to edit photos and keep a blog.  But this mama was not having 28 hard working football players disappointed.  Last night I opened our "DVD Maker" program on our computer and I got to work.

I scrolled through hundreds of photos and dug out my old Guns N Roses "Use Your Illusion II" compact disc. 

And I made a pretty awesome tribute film for 28 super awesome boys.

If you want something done, fight through your computer illiteracy and do it yourself. 

Hallelujah and Happy Sunday!

Mommyhood Footnote: Long live Axl Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment