Pages

.

Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip



spice cookies with pumpkin dip

Want to make something extra special for the holidays?  

Well, let me suggest these!! 

I love gingersnaps, always have.  Pair it with pumpkin and I am SOLD.

I got this recipe a long time ago from my friend, Tonja,  
She made them and I was in LOVE.

This year I made them again, and my kid were in LOVE.

Trust me friends they are the best of both worlds!!


what a perfect fall treat, paired with a nice spiced chai


Spice Cookies with Pumpkin Dip

Cookie Ingredients

1 1/2 cups butter softened
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup molasses
4 cups flour
4 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. ground ginger
1 t. cloves
1 t. salt
additional sugar


Pumpkin Dip Ingredients

1 package (8 oz) Cream Cheese
1 can (18 oz) Pumpkin
2 cups powdered sugar
1 t. cinnamon
1/2 t. ginger


Cream butter and sugar then add eggs one at a time, beating well after each one. Add molasses, mix well.
Combine dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture, mix well and chill overnight.

Shape into 1/2 inch balls and roll in sugar, place 2' apart on an ungreased baking sheet. 


aren't they pretty?? you will be able to fit 20 to a cookie sheet


Bake at 350 degrees for 6 minutes or until edges begin to brown. 
 Do Not over bake, or they won't be chewy.  Cool 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack.


For the dip, cream the cream cheese with a mixer until smooth. Add pumpkin and beat well.  Add dry ingredients and beat until smooth.










No comments:

Post a Comment