Pages

.

A Christmas Classic

The past few days, with Christmas music and movies officially "in season", we have watched quite a bit of Rudolph.

I only bring out Christmas movies, decor, music and anything else "holiday" the week of Thanksgiving.  On January 1st, we tuck everything safely away until Christmas comes round' again.

Every Christmas season, for as long as I can remember, I have watched Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer.  I can still see myself in my parent's kitchen, sporting my feet pajamas, awaiting the Rudolph special.

When I was growing up DVD's didn't exist and VHS tapes were few and far between.  We patiently waited for the once or twice showing on the cable networks.  And we watched every minute, commercials included.

Commercials were for "wishing".  And we wished for it all.

I will never tire of these Christmas classics.  I hold them as close to my heart as I hold Skinny Minty ice cream.

And as outdated as those little clay figures appear, they will never go out of style.
image via www.tvparty.com

Happy start to the holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment