Pages

.

The News Lately

Most often, my daily news is delivered courtesy of the headlines on my computer.  I make every effort to watch Good Morning America, or the local channels, but my munchkins prefer other programs. 

Sometimes I really can't blame them.

As of late, this is what I've gotten off my computer:

A Michigan woman won 1 million dollars, and continued to use food stamps.  She is being charged with Welfare fraud.  Apparently she felt it was still "okay" to use food stamps because she wasn't working. 
 photo via Associated Press
Seriously?  First let me punch you in the forehead, and next I would like the tax money back for all the people who bought your food that aren't millionaires.

Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged.  Good for them.  Someone actually took the time to write an article comparing the ring he gave Angelina to the ring he gave Jen Aniston.  Was this person really that short on material?  In celebrity time Brad and Jen have been over for practically a century.  And even reading the headline on that story was a waste of my eye energy.

A nurse gunned down a the mother of a 3 month old baby in a parking lot in Texas.  According to the news the murderous nurse told her sister she was adopting a baby.  She is also the mother of three children.  Two families are now destroyed, and one innocent mother is dead.  I shake my head and wonder how people can have no conscience.  No concern.  No compassion.

There is so much news coverage, and 90% of it is either ridiculous or heartbreaking.  The other 10 percent is sports and weather. 

Diego is sounding pretty good to me.

On that note, I'm off to save the prairie dog and soak up some Wednesday sunshine.  Have a good one, be thankful today!

No comments:

Post a Comment