Pages

.

Cowgirl Cool

About twenty three years ago my dad brought me back a pair of cowboy boots from Texas.  They were the real deal.

Leather, brown and tan.  Rubber soles, pointy toe and just enough heal.

When I was growing up my dad worked a few months out of the year in Austin, and it's safe to say the culture grew on him.  For as long as I can remember he has favored Wranglers and the term "Happy Trails."

He has a collection of cowboy hats and the Texas state flag on his bumper.  From what I understand there was a time our family was fairly close to relocating to the Lone Star State.

That would have been quite an adventure.

A few days ago, my parents were cleaning out their attic.  They put together a box of items they thought I might want, items such as quality Easter decorations and unused gift bags.

There were a few other items in that box as well.  One in particular was a cozy size 1.
And they were still the real deal, twenty three short years later.  They were even worn with an Easter dress yesterday.

Cowgirl cool never goes out of style. 

Have a fabulous week!

No comments:

Post a Comment