Pages

.

White Rose infused Sangria



What is a girlfriend's Mexican Valentine luncheon without SANGRIA?!?

The last two years I have done a brunch, and had Mimosas.

This year I opted for Sangria.

I wish I could give you the measurements of the fruit, but I honestly just kind of added it!!

Note to self: Sangria is a summer drink for a reason, more fruit in season.

I did use a couple of frozen fruits, and I am pretty sure nobody else noticed!!

Here is what I did.


White Rose infused Sangria

2/3 cup sugar
2/3 cup water
the petals of 1 large rose ( mine was white...so was my wine...that's where it got it's name!)

Over a medium heat, bring to boil the water sugar and petals.
Remove from heat and let petals steep for about 15 minutes.
Remove petals and set aside. You have just made a rose simple syrup.

2 bottles of Sauvignon Blanc Wine
Fruit of choice: I used frozen peaches, frozen pitted red cherries, clementines, red grapes cut in half, raspberries and pineapple.

 Cut up fruit and place in an airtight container.
Pour  wine and syrup over fruit.
Refrigerate for 24 hours.

Pour into a pitcher or punch bowl, before serving pour a can of ginger ale over the top to add a little bubble effect.

It was YUMMY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment