Pages

.

Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes

strawberry daiquiri cupcakes



When I had my "Spicy Mexican Valentine Luncheon" I knew that
 I needed to come up with desserts (yes..there is an S on desserts!! ;)
that went with the theme.

who doesn't LOVE a cupcake?

Last year I made this decadent Chocolate Bliss Cake that had raspberry sauce, devonshire cream and I even made these homemade chocolate discs and chocolate dipped strawberries.

I went ALL OUT.

Not that I love my friends any less this year, but I needed to figure out something a little less labor intensive!!

one for me and one for you


So I made two different kinds of cupcakes, and Mexican brownies.

Gotta have CHOCOLATE!!

The two cupcakes that I made were pina colada cupcakes and strawberry daiquiri cupcakes.

I packaged up 6 of each and took them to my husband's office, called them
"Thirsty Thursday Cupcakes" 



Here is the quick and easy recipe for the strawberry daiquiri ones!!




Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcakes

1 Strawberry Cake Mix
1 pouch of Parrot Bay pre-mixed Strawberry Daiquiri Drink


Make your cake mix as directed on the box, only substitute the drink mix for the water.

Bake as directed.

For the frosting I used my buttercream recipe and changed the milk to daiquiri mix:

Buttercream:

4 cups powdered sugar
1 stick of butter
1/4 strawberry daiquiri mix

Beat until fluffy!!


Rim the frosted cupcakes in sugar and top with half of a strawberry!!


Cheers!!






No comments:

Post a Comment