Pages

.

Lickin' the Wounds

In case you missed it, yesterday was the Superbowl.  It was an incredible game.  Both teams made mistakes, both teams made incredible plays.

But the winner is the team who does it when it needs to be done.

My Patriots came up short, AGAIN.  I take comfort in a few things, one of them being I like the Giants.  Being a "New York girl", it's tough to go against the Giants.  They're hometown and they are in my blood.

I pull for the Giants the same way I pull for the Saints.  There are teams I enjoy and respect.  And they make football what it is.

But when I married Hubby, our first house was in New England.  We lived there when we discovered what marriage is about, and we lived there when our Sports Fanatic was born.  I guess that's where my Patriots love began.

I love many teams, they just happened to be the team that stuck with me.

But the Patriots made enough mistakes and missed enough receptions to lose the Superbowl yesterday.  There were many expletives that flew from my mouth in the fourth quarter.  Filth flarn filth.  It was a nail biting, adrenaline infused evening.

It was exactly what you hope a Superbowl to be.  It was a down-to-the-last-minute dogfight.  And my team came up short.

Dinglebutts.

I woke up in the middle of the night, confused and discombobulated.  And I had to think about why I was so out of sorts.

And then I remembered those dingleberries lost the Superbowl.  Again.  And I went back to sleep, grieving that football season is over.

Congrats to the Giants, it was a great game.  I'm not a heckler, never have been.  And I'm glad that if my Patriots had to lose, it was to good ole' New York.

I may have started my family in New England, but we reside here in New York.  It's almost a win-win.

Almost.

Is it pre-season yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment