Pages

.

Bean, Cheese and Onion Enchiladas

While I was planning my Valentine Luncheon this year, I planned to make my cheesy beef enchiladas.

Then...

I realized, that it would be on a Friday during Lent.

So, I decided to use my base recipe for them, and turn them into bean, cheese and onion.

They turned out AMAZING!!

pictured here with chili rellenos



Bean, Cheese and Onion Enchiladas

1 can of refried beans mixed with 1/4 cup milk
1 two cup package of Mexican blend shredded cheese
1 small onion diced
1 package (8 qty) large flour tortillas
1 large can (14 ounce size) Old El Paso Enchilada Sauce

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray a 9x13 baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
Spread about 2 Tablespoons of enchilada sauce on a tortilla.
Do the same (2 Tablespoons, or a good pinch) of cheese
Evenly divide beans and onions between the 8 tortillas, rolling up enchilada style.
Place in pan.

Pour remaining sauce and cheese over the top. 

Cover with non-stick foil and bake for 30 minutes covered.
Uncover and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.


No comments:

Post a Comment