Pages

.

Salted Nutroll Bars



 a little sweet and salty love from my kitchen


These are hands down my MOST favorite candy bar on earth.

Honestly, they aren't always easy to find.

Maybe some of you who don't live here in the Midwest can tell me, 
"have you ever heard of Salted Nutroll candy bars?"


homemade salted nutrolls


I don't know what's in the middle of a Salted Nutroll, it's like this magical goodness.
It's not marshmallow, like these bars are, but I am here to tell you, they run a VERY close second.



salted nutroll bars


I used to make these every year at Christmas, they were one of the first things missing 
from my cookie platters!  
I haven't made them for the last couple of years, 
trying to mix it up I guess...

This week  I made a couple of kinds of bars to take up to school for Parent Teacher Conferences.

I made some mint chip brownies and then I made these.


peanut love


I made sure I had leftovers, and after school my kids WOOFED them down!!





Salted Nutroll Bars

Crust:
1 1/2 c flour
2/3 c brown sugar
1/2 t baking powder
1 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
stick of butter
2 egg yolks

Preheat oven to 359 degrees.  Mix the above ingredients together and press into a greased 9x13 pan.
(I line with non-stick foil...that stuff ROCKS)
Bake for 12-15 minutes. 

Top with 3 cups miniature marshmallows and bake for 3 minutes more.
Cool.


On a low heat until melted:
2/3 c corn syrup
1/4 c butter
2 t vanilla
1 - 10 oz bag of peanut butter chips

To this add: 2 cups of Rice Krispies and 2 cups salted and roasted peanuts.
Stir.

Pour over the top of the marshmallows.  

Cool.

Cut into squares.

To make this fun fall version, with candy corn, add 1/2 cup of candy corn to the peanut mixture before  pouring over the top of the marshmallows.




ENJOY!








No comments:

Post a Comment