Pages

.

Hello Feces, GoodBye Dyson

Earlier this week I vacuumed a fresh pile of dog feces and it sprayed all over my Dyson vacuum.

It was certainly a new experience.  Have you ever vacuumed fresh dog sh*t?  It's interesting.  And disgusting.  And I'd probably rather stick needles in my eyes.

The "incident" occurred Monday morning.  I was minding my own business, vacuuming away when there was a small thump.  And something shot out from under my vacuum.

It was a chunk of poop.

After I threw up in my mouth and screamed at our dog, I called Hubby.  The plan was to make him clean the mess.  I don't even clean shoes with dog poop on them, let alone a vacuum.  My gag reflex can only handle so much feces. 

The munchkins have steadily filled my feces tolerance quota over the past 10 years.

Hubby agreed to attempt to clean out the Dyson.  I then left the vacuum at the scene of the crime and went to Starbucks for a coffee.  And then to Target for retail therapy.  I had no where else to turn.

But when I left for work Tuesday evening, I changed my mind about our Dyson.  I left Hubby strict instructions to dispose of our $500 vacuum.  I knew I could never look at it the same again.  I would forever see (and smell) the horrid morning that I neglected to see a pile of dog crap on my rug.

My beloved Dyson was forever tainted by feces.


I am now in the market for a new (cheap) vacuum.  Quality furniture and/or appliances belong no where near my residence.

Hubby and I shall live a frugal existence until everyone knows how to color on paper, crap in the yard or on the toilet and eat at the table.

I'm not holding my breath.

Here's to the weekend.  This Mama could use it. xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment