Pages

.

Whipped Cream Frosting



When I made the Peaches and Cream Spice Cake for my Mother-in-law's birthday two weekends ago, I knew it wouldn't be the same without this frosting.  I don't know why I never shared it with you before?

If you like whipped cream and you like cream cheese or cheesecake, 
this will make you SWOON!!

Honestly, I don't think it really tastes like frosting at all?

So, this weekend when I made a Cherry Torte and Cherry Torte Cupcakes (recipes coming soon) I decided to snap a photo of it in the mixer and share it with you!


Whipped Cream Frosting

1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
2 cups heavy whipping cream

In your standing mixer, with whisk attachment,  combine the cream cheese, sugar and extracts until creamy, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl a couple of times, to make sure it's all incorporated.

Turn it on again and slowly pour in the cream.
Beat until frosting forms peaks, much like a whipped cream does.

I have found that if my stainless steel bowl of my mixer and whisk attachment are cold it peaks better.

This will frost a two layer cake.  Makes about 5 cups or so.

If this actually makes it to a cake...instead of eating it straight out of the bowl, 
make sure you keep it in the fridge.  
It'll melt!! 




No comments:

Post a Comment