Pages

.

Crock Pot AppleSauce




A week or so ago, I had a crock pot party on my facebook page to celebrate 6,000 facebook fans.

What wonderful recipes were shared!! 
I pinned a bunch of them away on my Pinterest Boards for later, but this one, I couldn't get out of my mind.

I love the ease of throwing everything in the crock pot in the morning, and it being ready after the hustle and bustle of a crazy day!

I have to admit, though, I was really looking forward to my fellow bloggers sharing things you don't usually associate the crock pot with, things like desserts, or APPLE SAUCE!!

 Real Food Outlaws shared this recipe for crock pot applesauce.
I made it the next weekend in one crock pot while a batch of my Beef and Barley Stew Cooked in the other.

It was so good, they gobbled it up and I made it again that following week, while ribs slow cooked away, the apple sauce did the same.


If you click here: Real Food Outlaws
You can see how she cans it, too!!


Crock Pot AppleSauce
adapted from Real Food Outlaws

10-12 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
4 cinnamon sticks
1/4 of a lemon's peel
1 teaspoon lemon juice

The apples I used were pretty big, I used 10 of them, and used 4 cinnamon sticks.  My kids are crazy about cinnamon apples!  If you are using the really small apples that you pick off most home grown trees, you may need to up it some.

Place apples, cinnamon sticks and lemon peel in the crock pot.  Drizzle with the lemon juice.
Set pot to low and cook 5-7 hours.

Remove cinnamon sticks and lemon peel.

With your hand blender and  blend apples, or you could do this in a regular blender, too.

I thought it was pretty good warm, my kids preferred it cold.

Very sweet and tasty and No Sugar!! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment