Pages

.

Stuffed Pepper Soup


Stuffed Peppers
are one of my most favorite dinners.  We eat them quite a bit actually.
They are not only yummy and filling, they are really quite good for you when you make them using brown rice and lean ground beef.
Here is my recipe for STUFFED PEPPERS.




The night I had ingredients out for stuffed peppers a couple of weeks ago, I decided I really wanted soup.
(it was 100+ degrees outside, 
yea... I'm nuts like that)

I have seen tons of recipes for stuffed pepper soup around, and I didn't know which to choose, so like normal, I just started throwing stuff in the pot until it tasted good!! :)

I made a big batch of this, and have some in the freezer.
Yay for me!!





Stuffed Pepper Soup

3 cups brown rice, prepared
2 pounds lean ground beef, browned and drained
1 onion chopped
2 green bell peppers, cut into smaller pieces
6 sweet vine peppers, tri colored, sliced
6 cloves of garlic
4 cans (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes
1 (29 oz) can tomato sauce
4 cups low sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon marjoram
salt and pepper

Brown ground beef with a little salt and pepper in your skillet.  Drain.
Add to it the peppers, onion and garlic, and saute for about 5-10 minutes.
In your soup kettle or crock pot, add tomatoes, sauce, marjoram and broth.
Add beef/pepper mixture.
Prepare your rice, and set aside.

Simmer on the stove for about 45 minutes to marry the flavors.
Or cook on low in crock pot all day.
Before serving add rice.
Can be topped with cheese if you like.



No comments:

Post a Comment