Pages

.

Chocolate Orange Banana Bread



I love banana bread.  
I have a great recipe for regular banana bread that I use whenever I get 3 ripe bananas.

Sometimes, I don't have time to whip any up, so guess what?

I just throw the bananas in the freezer, skins and all!
When you take them out to use them, set them on your counter to thaw, 
and you can squeeze the ripe banana out one end into your bowl, just like soft serve! ;)

That's what I did yesterday.  But when I saw this recipe on Pinterest from ROCK Recipes, I wanted to switch it up.

I LOVE chocolate orange, and with that I was sold.
I had just bought some fresh mandarin oranges at the store this weekend, and they are so flavorful, I had to use one!

I used (most) of the recipe but where the original called for chopped white chocolate, I used white chocolate chips and semi-sweet ones, too.

You can call this a bread to make yourself feel better, but you will feel like you are eating moist chocolate cake.

Chocolate Orange Banana Bread

1 cup sugar
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs
3 ripe bananas, mashed
juice and zest of 1 orange
1 3/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup of each white chocolate chips and semi-sweet chips

Preheat oven to 325 degrees, prepare large loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray.
Combine sugar and oil in your mixer, add in eggs, bananas and orange zest, mix.
Sift together all of your dry ingredients.
Alternate dry ingredients and orange juice into sugar/banana mixture.
Mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl.
Fold in chips.

Pour into pan and bake for 1 hour, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.

Grab a glass of milk...or your favorite cuppa...and partake in the goodness!!









No comments:

Post a Comment