Pages

.

Homemade Drumsticks

One of my favorite ways to eat ice cream as a kid, and even now...who doesn't like drumsticks?

While we have been on our ice cream making frenzy this summer, I decided while making 
to make some homemade drumsticks!

They are super easy, and a real "no-brainer" actually!

homemade drumsticks


Here's all you need:


Homemade Drumsticks

vanilla ice cream (or alternate flavor...go crazy!)
sugar ice cream cones
hot fudge ice cream topping (or caramel)
mixed chopped nuts (or sprinkles)
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

I stood my cones in short glasses inside of a 9x13 pan.
Place a dollop of hot fudge in the bottom of each cone.
Place chips and oil in a microwave and melt in 30 second intervals until smooth.
Pack ice cream into the cone and use an ice cream scoop to make a perfect ball shaped scoop on the top, pressing down tightly.
Dip top of cone in melted chocolate and dunk into nuts.
Stand back on end in glass.




 Place in freezer for a couple of hours.

Enjoy!


The sprinkle covered one is for my hubby.  He hates nuts!!
That's the best part of the store bought ones, he lets me eat the nuts topping off of his! ;)

This is a great project to do with your kids in the kitchen.
The options are endless!!

Notes: I bought everything I needed right next to the ice cream section in the store.  I love the mixed nuts in a can they have by all of the syrups.
So many flavor options!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment